Your privacy is critically important to us. Biamother is brought to you by L3M Technologies.
Registered office: 15 Westferry Circus, Canary Wharf, London, United Kingdom, E14 4HD. Registered in England No. 11157173.
This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) sets out how we, L3M Technologies Limited (“we”, “us” or “our”), process personal information about you when you sign up to and use our Bia Mother app (the “App”) (whether as a guest or registered user). Our App is currently only compatible with certain Apple iPhones; this may change in the future, so please keep checking for any updates.
We are a data controller of the personal information we process and are therefore responsible for ensuring our systems, processes, suppliers and staff comply with data protection laws in relation to the information we handle. If you do not agree with this Notice, you should not submit information to us.
You can find out more about our responsibilities and about how and why we collect and use your personal information by reading this Notice. However, if anything is unclear or if you have any questions about this Notice, please contact us at: [email protected].
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about a person from which they can be identified. We may collect, store, and use some or all of the following categories of personal information about you:
- personal contact details such as name, title, gender, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses;
- date of birth and place of birth;
- next of kin and emergency contact information;
- start date;
- physical measurements, training statistics and dietary information;
- photographs; and/or
- information about your use of our information and communications systems (such as messages to personal trainers, goals and notes).
Subject to your explicit consent, we may also collect, store and use your health data. This is considered a special category of more sensitive data. Where we process health data, it will be treated confidentially and will never be used for direct marketing purposes.
When you log on to our App, we automatically collect information about your use of the App including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. This information will include traffic data, location data, IP address, browser, operating system, referral source, length of visit, clickstream data and other communication data.
We collect Identity Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register with or use our App (by entering training plan details, goals or making a booking).
We also collect Identity Information when you fill out a web form or questionnaire or contact us (by email or telephone) to ask a question or request information.
We also collect Identity Information through the Apple Health app where you give us explicit consent to do so (detailed further below).
As mentioned above, we collect System Information when you interact with our App.
In order to provide our services to you, we may be required to process special category data, for example your health information. Where we process this special category data, data protection law requires that we satisfy certain additional conditions. We will only process special category data with your explicit consent to the processing.
HOW WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Providing our services
As part of the provision of our services, we use the personal information that we collect from you to:
- register you as a user of the App;
- process your orders and provide your details to our personal trainer coaches (if you are using the live chat-messaging service);
- share with our trainers and partners who are helping us improve and build the programmes offered via the App;
- provide limited health monitoring, live group fitness streaming, virtual fitness streaming and workout recordings;
- notify you of renewal reminders and/or payment details;
- provide you with our helpline for support and enquiries relating to your use of the App and orders placed by you; and/or
- manage our relationship with you (for example by notifying you about changes to our terms or asking you to complete a survey).
Monitoring, administering and improving
We use your personal information to help us to monitor our performance, administer and improve our App by:
- tracking and analysing activity to identify patterns and help us improve our App;
- troubleshooting, conducting data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data;
- using data analytics to improve customer relationships and experiences;
- analysing information so that we can prioritise features that are relevant and popular;
- educating, training and developing our staff’s performance;
- ensuring network and information security, including preventing unauthorised access to our computer and electronic communications systems and preventing malicious software distribution;
- preventing fraud; and/or
- other business administration such as management and planning, including accounting and auditing.
GROUNDS FOR PROCESSING
Data protection law says we only have the right to use your personal information where we can identify a lawful basis for doing so. Your consent to the processing as specified in this Notice is our primary lawful basis. In some circumstance we may also rely on another lawful basis. Most commonly, these will be:
- where we need to use the information to perform the contract we have entered into with you;
- where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests; and/or
- where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
The Internet is not a secure medium. However, we have put in place various security procedures as set out in this Notice.
Please be aware that communications over the Internet, such as emails and online messages are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may route through a number of countries before being delivered – this is the nature of the Internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal data that is beyond our control.
We believe that we have appropriate policies, rules and technical measures to protect the personal data that we have under our control (having regard to the type and amount of that personal data) from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, unlawful destruction or accidental loss.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
- with our carefully selected trainers and partners who help us improve and build the programmes offered via the App;
- with third party service providers or suppliers to enable us to provide our services (for example payment processors, web hosts, ID verification partners etc). Where we share data with service providers, we require them to sign a contract that obliges them amongst other things to have stringent security measures in place, comply with our instructions and help us to comply with data protection law;
- to another legal entity on a temporary or permanent basis, in connection with a business deal, such as a merger, financing, acquisition, or sale of our business;
- where we are required to do so by law; and/or
- where you have provided your consent.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer the personal information we collect about you outside the EU in order to perform our contract with you. Where this occurs we will ensure that your personal information receives an adequate level of protection and we will put in place appropriate measures to ensure that your personal information is treated in a way that is consistent with EU and UK laws on data protection. If you require further information about these protective measures, you can request it by contacting us at: [email protected].
SECURITY AND RETENTION
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. We also have procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your information, the purposes for which we process it and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it;
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected;
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it;
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground;
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it; and
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is clearly unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
How can I delete my data?
You can contact us at any time and request that we delete the personal information that we hold and process. Email: [email protected] and use the title: DELETION. We will delete the information we hold, keeping only a minimised version which we will use to ensure that we do not contact you again in the future.
LINKED WEBSITES OR APPLICATIONS
We are not responsible for the privacy policies and practices of other websites even if you accessed the third party website using links from our website. We recommend that you check the policy of each website you visit before deciding whether to proceed and contact the owner or operator of such website if you have concerns or questions.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We reserve the right to update this Notice at any time, and we will provide you with a new Notice when we make any substantial updates. We may also notify you in other ways from time to time about the processing of your personal information.
JURISDICTION AND APPLICABLE LAW
OTHER IMPORTANT TERMS
If we delay in taking steps against you when you break this contract, that will not mean that you do not have to do what we ask in order to remedy your breach and it will not prevent us taking steps against you at a later date.
Last updated: 23 October 2019.
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that we store on your browser or the hard drive of your computer or device if you agree. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer or device’s hard drive.
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our App. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our App, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our App. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our App.
If you would like further guidance on cookies please click here: https://www.aboutcookies.org/.